You are able to add applicants one at a time or import multiple applicants. Importing applicants will save time and eliminate duplicate data entry.
Watch the video tutorial here:
- To enter an applicant, choose Applicants from the left sidebar.
- Click the +Add Applicant button. When the empty profile opens, everything with a red asterisk (*) will be a required field.
- Name: Enter your associate’s first and last name.
- SSN: SimpleVMS stores the SSN as a cryptographic hash, only the last 4 digits of your associates’ SSN will be displayed in the system. This hash will allow SimpleVMS to prevent duplicate submittals for the same worker and enable the client to take advantage of a 'do not rehire' closing status. This hash CANNOT be decrypted or otherwise reversed to find the original SSN.
- Vendor Worker ID and Vendor Worker ID 2: These fields are NOT required but are yours to use to enter any unique identifiers your internal system may associate with an applicant. These fields can be pulled on invoice reports which are used by vendors to import payroll into your system.
- Email Address: Used to send the associate their credentials to the system or timeclock when assigned to a job posting. It can also be used should the client take advantage of our 'Mass Email' function.
- Financial: Enter the desired pay rate information for the applicant. The overtime (OT) and double time (DT) factors are what the associate will be paid. If your agency gives the client any breaks in OT or DT billing you will NOT enter those discounted factors here.
- Attachments: Attachments are not required to create an applicant profile. However, if you know you must attach documents when submitting this applicant to a job posting, you can do so now to save time on that step later.
* How to attach a file: Click the 'Add an Attachment’ button within the attachments section of the profile. Select the file description from the dropdown menu, then click the ‘Choose File’ button. Once the file is selected, your document is saved and will now show a time and date stamped.
- Notes: Enter any information you wish to share about your applicant with the client here.
* Pro Tip: You can mass import applicants by clicking the ‘Import Applicant from Excel’ button. Follow the instructions to download the template, enter the required information, then select your file to import.
If you need additional assistance entering an Applicant, please contact SimpleVMS support at 888-255-8918 ext.2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.