Vendors can create expenses for workers to correct potential bill rate issues, hour discrepancies, bonuses, or true expenses reimbursing the worker for goods or services the worker purchased directly.
Watch the video tutorial here:
- To create an expense, choose the Time & Expenses page from the left menu.
- Click Add Expense at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the worker from the dropdown for which you'd like to add an expense.
- Adjust the period start and end dates for the expense based on the work week when the expense occurred. Click Add Item, and enter the expense date, cost, and a description of the expense.
If the taxable compensation box is checked, this item is considered compensation-related, and tax should be applied. If this expense is considered a 'pass through' expense, such as reimbursement for items already taxed, uncheck this box when creating your expense.
*Please note that if you select an 'expense template' from the dropdown, details will auto-populate in the applicable fields.
- If you need to edit an expense item, click the pencil icon or the trash can icon to delete the expense item.
- Once finished, click Add Expense at the bottom of the page.
If you need additional assistance creating an expense, please contact SimpleVMS support at 888-255-8918 ext.2 or email@example.com.